Mumbai to Paris in Etihad Airways

Mumbai Etihad check-in

So after fixing the itinerary what's the immediate thing one should do? Shopping! Purchase a bagpack, if you are there for 10 days then 40 litres bag will be sufficient as you would want to travel light. Then what all things should be in your bagpack?  Clothes, Camera, some daily needs and some snacks. Keep less clothing and more undergarments as you might not get place to dry your clothes. I put 4 tshirts, 2 Jeans and 5-6 undergarments. Taking snacks with you will help you cut down your expenses and save your time. Take chocolates (snicker packet) and dry fruits and other Indian snacks if you want to. With bagpack, a handbag becomes handy where you can put your important documents like passport and other identity proofs(atleast have 2 proofs), reservations printout and little snacks.

 The bagpack was all set, the departure day came, on that day I worked from home(Pune) for first half and took a bus to Mumbai. My flight was scheduled at 9.35 pm.

It's always better to reach early for an international flight. Try to reach 3 hours before your departure. I reached 4 hours before and had costly cofee and sandwich at airport to start the journey with.

After luggage drop and security check-in you have to undergo interrogations at immigration counter. Be confident there and reply their answers calmly, don't rush.

The immigration officer that I encountered was a very funny guy asked me about reason for visiting Paris, I told him Rafa Nadal, French open and he was surprised, and said you are insane man "Yar TV pe hi dekh lete Itni door kahe ja rahe ho (Why going so far for just only tennis, TV is the best option)". But he didn't know what all things were going in my mind, how excited was I for seeing my ideal Rafa.
                           At Mumbai airport you can find big tabs for surfing internet. You can buy internet plan after half an hour of free surfing for 50 INR only. I searched many places to visit in my itinerary there while waiting for boarding.

At chhatrapati shivaji international airport Mumbai

Net Surfing tabs at chhatrapati shivaji international airport Mumbai



First Boarding in Etihad airbus

After waiting for some hours I boarded in my first international flight The Etihad Airways. It was an awesome environment there, nice interiors, good entertainment facilities and above all beautiful air hostesses that I only saw on televesion.
In entertainment facilities at Etihad you find a range of English and Bollywood movies and serials and you can also opt for flynet that is internet while flying for around 10 Euros. Apart from entertainment on your seat screen you can view the outside view of the aircraft as they have cameras installed.

Eithad Flight from Mumbai to Paris
Inside Etihad Airbus

It was an amazing experience to see take off of the aircraft in camera front of my seat. After an hour after take off they served delicious full dinner with drinks(They have variety of drinks alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage). After having dinner I went for nap. And after around 2 hours and 30 minutes Captain announced "We are ready to land to Abu Dhabi Airport". I had a connecting flight from there to my dream land Paris. 
For your connecting flight you again have to undergo security check, Abu Dhabi airport is more strict er than that of Mumbai.

Amazing Punjabi Family in Etihad

After the waiting for couple of hours at Abu Dhabhi Airport (The hub for connecting flights to Europe), I boarded in aircraft and a Punjabi Family joined me.


Enjoying with Paji
Soon we started talking to each other and they made me more comfortable in aircraft(like they told me ask air hostesses whatever you want don't hesitate). After some time staff served fruits and snacks which I refused as i was feeling sleepy and went again for a nap. In no time it was the beautiful morning which I could peek  through my window seat, the clouds, the sun and abode. Air hostesses were ready to serve breakfast. Soon Captain announced "That we are preparing to land to Charles De Gaulle Airport Paris". And I got goosebumps by that announcement that Dreamland Paris is just coming, and by the way I can peek outside and land is visible, I can see it. And finally landing done and had to say good bye to the beautiful staff of Etihad. 
CDG Airport is quite far from the Paris City.

Comments

Mayank_iit k said…
Nice...keep writing...
What happened after landing?
Sugandh Mishra said…
Yeah that is yet to come.
harjyoth said…
Awesome sugand...will b waiting for the rest story.......,��
harjyoth said…
Awesome sugand...will b waiting for the rest story.......,��
tiwari said…
Very nice... So what is next?
Neeresh kumar said…
First one is a masterpiec..
Keep it up dear...
Sugandh Mishra said…
Yeah i am also excited as much you are to write :)
Sugandh Mishra said…
Thank you di for reading :)
Avinav said…
Nice one Sugandh......even Rafa will admire reading the blog.......keep writing
Sugandh Mishra said…
Thank you Sir, Your comment matters a lot! It will inspire me to write more! :)
abhishek soni said…
You have given each and every details which is necessary for other solo travelers.Great Post Sugandh!!!
wow it's wonderful. you are more a writer.
Sugandh Mishra said…
Thank you Mam! :) Still miles to go!
Unknown said…
dude great job ! waiting for more. would like to have a personal conversation the day we meet.
Sugandh Mishra said…
Thanks man! You can contact or whatsapp me on +91823771062
Bdw What's your good name? Do u know me?
Sameen said…
Nice compilation of things needed, good work bro..